- Plenty of cafés, shops and boutiques
- Over 1000km of marked walking trails
- Biking for all levels (750km of bike routes)
- E-bike hire
- Lake Schwarzsee with lido, rowing boats
- Horse riding
- Golf (4 course)
- Excellent tennis facilities
- ‘Aquarena’ indoor sports complex with pool
- Alpine flower garden
- Wild animal park, Aurach
- Horse & Carriage rides
- Wine tasting
- Visit Schnapps distillery
Things to do in Kitzbühel
The medieval old walled town of Kitzbühel with its quaint cobbled streets, picturesque buildings and fine old churches dates back over 700 years and is a fascinating place to explore. The friendly village atmosphere is lively with a wealth of stylish shops, pavement cafés and several events and festivals in the summer months. There are numerous activities available, Lake Schwarzsee is close by, where you can swim, row or simply relax at one of the lidos amidst natural woodland. Holidays in Kitzbühel are stunningly beautiful in the summer, golfing, hiking, cycling, shopping or take it easy. A horse and carriage ride! Whatever the season, a horse and carriage ride will always give you time to enjoy the scenery.
Kitzbuhel Flex Hiking Pas I £78 - 5 in 7 Days I £97 - 7 in 14 Days I Summer 2018
I £80 - 5 in 7 Days I £99 - 7 in 14 Days I Summer 2019
We recommend the pre-bookable Kitzbühel Flex Hiking pass. In addition to giving access to free use of four cable-cars and three chair lifts it also covers the use of local buses plus numerous leisure activities such as guided walks, discounts on museum admissions, indoor pools, bathing lakes, the Aurach deer park and much more. This pass is available all season, but please note that some lifts open in high season only (from 16 Jun).
Guests staying in St Johann can book a three-day walkers' pass in the resort or pre-book at £ 31 Summer 2018 and at £32 Summer 2019
Festivals and Events
There are many festivals and events in Kitzbühel throughout the summer including regular open-air brass band concerts and folk music evenings throughout the week, plus:
- Summer Solstice Bonfire night (mid-Jun)
- The Kitzbuehel Alpine Rally is considered one of the best classic car events in the Alps. No wonder that classic car enthusiasts from around the world year after year come to Kitzbuehel to spend a unique week. The Kitzbuehel Alpine Rally is from 06th to 09th June 2018 for the 31st time.
- From 09- 15 July 2018, Kitzbühel will once again be a hotspot for fans of American motorbikes and custom bikes, when the Harley Club Kitzbühel welcomes its guests for the 23rd time.
- Kitzbüheler Summer Nights (Thursday in Jul & Aug, including live music and entertainment)
- Annual Almabtrieb - cow festival in Kirchberg (mid-Sep)
- Kitzbühel Wine Festival (early Sep)
Dates are approximate.
We recommend you look at the Kitzbühel Tourist Office website www.kitzbuehel.com/en/events for details and dates.
Family and Kids
Kitzbühel offers plenty of action for its younger guests. Many will fall into bed in the evening with rosy cheeks exhausted and dreaming of Kitzbühel adventures. In July and August, a weekly children´s program is offered.
"Are we there yet?"
Each of the themes trails around Kitzbuehel represents a topic. This means the hike is an adventure and along the way you also learn a lot.
E-Bikes in KITZBÜHEL
The Kitzbüheler Alps is the world’s largest E-Bike region with hundreds of kilometers of marked trails. E-Bikes make easy work of the scenic meadow and riverside paths as well as climbs up to viewpoints and there are dozens of charging stations around the area, making it a fantastic and easy way to explore.
POPULAR E-BIKE ROUTES include the path from Kitzbühel to St. Johann via the Roman Trail, continuing through the Großachental valley to Erpfendorf; the beautiful loop around Pillersee Lake; the Tyrolean farms of the Bichlach region, and the lovely hour-long ride to Westendorf. Cost approx €20 per day. Routes are graded blue, red and black for difficulty
and maps are provided at the Tourist Office and at Element 3.
E-Bikes are available from:
- Alpenhotel Kitzbühel
- Element 3
Summer 2018 / Stay in the Chalet Linda and enjoy a bespoke weekly guided E-Bike tour programme including:
- Five guided rides per week with professional guides
- Varying levels and ability grades throughout the week
- Choose from picturesque low-level tours through forests and past lakes, to high-altitude climbs and stunning views from their peaks
- E-bike, guide, and helmet included
- €39 per ride, book locally
Tours last approximately 3 hours and are subject to minimum numbers
The Kitzbüheler Alps offer some of the most extensive walking in Austria with over 1000km of marked trails. Paths vary from scenic easy walks through pastures to St. Johann and Lake Schwarzsee up to longer panoramic trails on the famous Hahnenkamm mountain and the Kitzbüheler Horn, accessible by gondola.
POPULAR WALKS include:
Lake Schwarzsee | 2 hrs | Easy | An easy 30 minute walk to the scenic boating and swimming lake set amongst natural woodland with 1-2 hour extensions to walk around the lake.
Panoramaweg | 3 hrs | Easy | Stunning scenic walk from the top of the Hahnenkamm gondola via the ski race museum and back down with the Fleckalmbahn gondola.
Kitzbüheler Horn | 2 hrs | Easy | From the Alpenhaus cable-car a lovely stroll via the Alpine flower garden to the Gipfelhaus Alm for panoramic views of the Kitzbüheler Alps and the Hohen Tauern National Park.
St. Johann | 3 hrs | Easy | A scenic flat walk through meadows and pastures and along the Ache river via Oberdorf with an easy bus ride home.
Pengelstein & Usterkarsee Lake | 4½ hrs | Slightly Challenging I A stunning ridge walk from the top of the Hahnenkamm gondola passing two lakes, with spectacular views. Either come back via Aschau or Kirchberg, and return via bus.