- Lake-side lido for swimming and rowing boat/pedalo hire
- Famous Mozart’s House’ museum
- Watersports including sailing, water-skiing and wind-surfing
- Steamboat and ferry trips to St Wolfgang
- Cycling, mountain biking
- E-bike hire
- Horse & carriage rides
- Heritage and Musical instrument museum
St Gilgen to Furberg 1h / Easy
One of the prettiest sections around the lake is from St Gilgen to Furberg (1 hour), with a lovely inlet and restaurant in Furberg. Walk up from Winkl from here to the Huttenstein castle and the Gut Aich monastery. A ferry departs from Furberg back to St Gilgen.
- Home of Mozart, there is an open-air music pavilion in the village centre which hosts regular classical, folklore and brass band concerts
- The annual village ‘Dorf Fest’ (approx. second week in June) is the biggest festival of the year with traditional live entertainment, music, beer tents and food stalls.
Car hire is available
St. Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang offer over 140km of marked walking trails, over rolling hills and rural pastures, through woodland and up to high peaks with stunning lake panoramas. There are easy lakeside paths and panoramic walks from the top of the lift stations, as well as challenging hikes up to local peaks and various marked trails back down the mountains for those who don’t want to climb.
St. Wolfgang and Fuschl are easily accessed by ferry or bus
Popular Walks include:
St. Gilgen to Fürberg 1 hr Easy
One of the prettiest sections around the lake is from St. Gilgen to Fürberg (1 hour), with a lovely inlet and restaurant in Fürberg. Walk up to Winkl from here for the Hüttenstein Castle and the Gut Aich monastery. Ferry departs from Fürberg back to St. Gilgen.
CABLE-CAR & COG RAILWAY From St. Gilgen the Zwölferhorn cable-car accesses the highest peak for breathtaking views across the lake. At the top there is a 30 minute panorama walk, viewing platforms, restaurant, and plenty of enjoyable marked trails back down to the village. St. Wolfgang’s ‘Schafberg’ peak is reached by mountain cog railway for similar trails and is easily accessible by bus or ferry from St. Gilgen.
BUS, BIKE & FERRY There are walking paths all around Lake Wolfgang which can be achieved in stages, reached by bus or ferry. Most sections are flat and possible to cycle round and are particularly enjoyable by E-Bike.
Local Walking Map
Plan your walking in advance, purchase a map of the local area for just £6.95. Must be ordered at time of booking.