With its beautiful mountain position, La Clusaz is an ideal destination for an active holiday. The surroundings provide a perfect playground for hiking, cycling, paragliding and via ferrata, amongst others. There are also plenty of cultural aspects to explore, such as the local market, cheese farm and beautiful neighbouring villages, such as Grand Bornand and Manigod.
- Cycling (Off-road and E-bikes)
There are a number of different cycling routes suitable for all ages and abilities, from beginners to experts. For more information, you can download the free app "Virées en Aravis", which gives a number of routes to take throughout the area along with Tourist Office information for cycling.
- Local cheese farm
- Local market
Experience the local market! Open every Monday morning, held on the Church square in the center of the village. You will find all the local specialities including: Reblochon, Savoy ham, Aravis liqueur, clothing, local fruits and vegetables, honey, jam, bread, and local ready cooked meals.
- Via ferrata
- Summer toboggan
The tourist office also provides a guided tour to discover the history of the village, along with the fauna and flora distinctive to the resort.
There are a number of different walks through La Clusaz to suit a range of different abilities. Here are some of our recommendations:
- “La Croix de Fer” Starting at the Col des Aravis car park (7 km from the village), only a short bus ride away. Spend approximately 1h30 walking while enjoying picturesque mountain scenery with views of the famous Mont Blanc, the elevation is 160 m which makes this route a fairly easy walk.
- “Lac de Tardevant” Begin walking from the L’Arpettaz Les Confins (4 km from the village), only a short bus ride or drive. Les Confins is a beautiful plateau below la Chaine des Aravis, with a small lake. A longer walk suitable for a day out on the mountains, approximately 4h30 long. The elevation is 842 m, with 2 restaurants on the way to enjoy a bite to eat for lunch before arriving at the top where you can marvel at the views over the lake “Lac de Tardevant”.
- “Plateau de Beauregard” From La Clusaz village, ice rink. Walk through the mountain vista to reach the top of the peak, taking approximately 4h15 and an elevation of 650m, surrounded by beautiful views of “La Chaine des Aravis”. You can also take the cable car to reach the "Plateau de Beauregard", where you can walk for a further 2h30 on the plateau and the elevation is 200m.
- “Le Danay” Walk from “Les Confins Chapelle” and enjoy walking for approximately 2h, reaching the top of the mountain with views of the cross and "La Chaine des Aravis", with an elevation of 354m.
Alternatively, the La Clusaz Tourist Office will have a variety of walk options, resort activities and maps to help you make the most of your holiday!