Lake Geneva is an immense lake enjoying an unusually mild climate, and surrounded by gentle hillsides covered in vineyards & gardens. Montreux has a beautiful lakeside promenade lined with palm trees and flowers. and is a wonderful base from which to explore the region, either by boat, train, bus or on foot. Our hotels in Montreux offer a great choice of accommodation. There is plenty to see and do, all ready to be explored at your own pace. A visit to the charming ‘Château de Chillon’ is a must, whilst visitors can spend many relaxing days visiting other places of interest along the shores of the lake, such as the city of Geneva, or Evian-Les-Bains on the French side of the lake. Be sure to take the mountain train up to Rochers de Naye, one of Switzerland’s favourite viewpoints. Various festivals and events take place throughout the summer, including the famous Montreux Jazz Festival approx. 3-18 July.
Things to do in resort
- Lake cruises
- Lakeside Strolls
- Flora and fauna
- History and culture museums
Montreux, Switzerland is a wonderful base from which to explore the region, by boat, train, bus or on foot. Montreux has a beautiful lakeside promenade lined with palm trees and flowers. A visit to the well-known landmark, the charming 'Château de Chillon', is a must, whilst visitors can spend many relaxing days visiting other places of interest along the shores of the lake, such as the city of Geneva itself, or Evian-Les-Bains in France, either by charming lake steamer, or excellent rail links. Alternatively, take the little mountain train up to Rochers de Naye, one of Switzerland's favourite viewpoints.
Resort Card - Free to all guests
The Free ‘Montreux Riviera Resort Card’ is provided by your hotel upon arrival and gives you:
- Free Travel on resort buses, including to Villeneuve nature reserve, Vevey and Glion viewpoint above the lake
- Free Welcome drink at the tourist office upon arrival
- 50% reduction on entrance to many local attractions, including Château de Chillon and Swiss Toy Museum
- Reduced fares on some mountain railways
Subject to change.
Other things to do in and around Montreux
- Famous 12th century Chateau de Chillon (50% reduction with resort card)
- Visit the old town of Vevey, with its cobbled streets, little shops and local history museum (entrance Free)
- New Charlie Chaplin Museum in Vevey opened Summer 2016
- ‘Lavaux Vinorama’ vineyards with wine-tasting and info about this UNESCO world heritage site
- Lavaux Passion wine festival (approx 10-11 September) in nearby Vevey (approx. Sfr30 daily entrance)
- ‘Marmotte Paradise’ (entrance free) observation area at Rochers de Naye
- ‘Les Grangettes’ nature reserve in Villeneuve
- Scenic boat trips to Evian, Lausanne etc.
- Montreux Jazz festival with live music (approx 29-30 Jun)
- Excellent train links to city of Geneva for shopping and sightseeing
- ‘September Musical’ classical music festival (dates tbc)
- Regular folk markets take place in Vevey on Saturdays Jul-beg Sep
- Street Artists festival with free shows in Vevey (dates tbc)
DiscountTravel Card included for all Inghams guests
Save up to 50% with your travel card on trips of your choice across the Swiss transport network. Included in the price of your holiday, and worth over £100!
Travel card sent to you before departure with your rail transfer tickets.
Exploring on the Swiss Transport Network
Switzerland's excellent public transport network of mountain railways, cable-cars, steam boats and buses makes it a pleasure to explore the sights, at your own pace.
Great Value Travel Passes
Purchase a travel pass and only pay one inclusive price for your trips!
Prices shown include Travel Card discount.
Montreux Regional Pass (pre-bookable)
Lake Geneva Regional Pass best for unlimited travel on trains, boats and mountain railways in the Lake Geneva region including Vevey, Evian, Geneva and Rochers de Naye from £84 (any 3 days within 7, 2nd class)
Car hire is available
Location in resort
- Longitude: 6.9029486
- Latitude: 46.4400435
- Nearest Bus Stop: 200
- Distance to City Centre: 1000
For more information on travel and transport visit our Montreux page