The Lakes & Mountains are an excellent destination for your family holiday. Summer in the mountains is full of adventure and your children will love it. From forest adventure trails to summer tobogganing and horse riding, a holiday in the mountains will bring the kids closer to nature and keep them active at the same time.
Exploring the lakes with your family is a great way to spend quality time together. The lakes are as active as the mountains. Go swimming, enjoy windsurfing, and try your hand at stand-up paddle boarding (SUP), alternatively, you can visit the local theme park in Lake Garda. The lakes are one big playground that all the family can enjoy!
Special offers for Families
FREE Summer Holidays for Children aged 2-11 years old
Budgeting for a family holiday can be challenging, but Inghams can help you keep the cost down. We’ve partnered with selected hotels to provide price reductions or free holidays for children between 2 and 11 years old on selected flights.
Fly from a variety of airports with your family to receive a special child price. We have family prices on holidays from across the UK including Gatwick, Birmingham, East Midlands (to Verona only) Manchester, Bristol (to Innsbruk only), Leeds-Bradford and Edinburgh. See full terms and conditions for more information.
Free child places are limited and you won’t want to miss out on this offer – so don’t delay booking your family holiday!
FREE Travel for children on the Swiss Transport Network
Switzerland is renowned for the quality of its transport network. And children between the ages of 6 and 15 years old who are travelling with their parents will benefit from FREE travel on much of Switzerland’s excellent public transport. ‘Family Cards’ are issued with your tickets and include free travel on the mainline rail network, most mountain railways, postbuses and lake ferries and steamers. All children under 6 years of age travel FREE of charge.
Make sure you let us know the age of any children travelling with you to Switzerland so we can issue you with the correct documents. If you have children in your party travelling without parents, you must let us know prior to booking and we will provide a half-price card for the children. Children travelling with a grandparent receive FREE travel with the purchase of a ‘Grandparents’ Card’, available locally (approx. Sfr30).
Self-Drive Family Holidays
Turn your family holiday into a summer road-trip. Packing for a holiday can require large cases you don't want to take on a plane or train. That's where bringing your own car can help. With Inghams Lakes & Mountains we make self-drive holidays easy.
|Please call 01483 79 11 11 for more details|
Family Adventures in Austria
Saalbach and Hinterglemm
There’s something for children of all ages in Saalbach and Hinterglemm. The Montelino adventure trail will get young children excited about nature. The Jump and Slide Park, with its jump tower, trampoline area and freestyle ramp, is perfect for active children and adults alike.
All these activities are easily accessible with the free Joker Resort card which includes free use of all lifts in the valley as well as entry to the outdoor pool in Saalbach, tennis courts and mini golf.
The Garden Hotel Theresia in Hinterglemm are experts at looking after families. This family run hotel, provides :
- Free child supervision every Monday – Friday for kids between 2 and 10 years old.
- Free youth club for children aged between 10 and 14 years.
With weekly open air concerts and Tyrolean evenings, this thriving village in the mountains is a lively destination to spend time with your family. The area has a huge choice of adventure playgrounds and child friendly hiking-routes. It’s a short trip by train to Innsbruck, the regional capital, home to museum, palaces and an Alpine zoo.
Seefeld is only a short hop from the Area 47 water park, home to an unimaginable number of water sports as well as a beach park.
For a family friendly hotel in Seefeld, look no further than the Hotel Kaltschmid. An iconic building in the heart of the village, it is the excellent range of family facilities that make this hotel stand-out from the crowd, including :
- Kids club
- Baby listening
- Babysitting services.
Family Adventures in France
The pretty village of Morzine has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere which is perfect for families. The local resort card covers a wealth of activities and transport which means keeping the family occupied during your holiday need not break the bank. Mountain lifts, free use of buses, entry to the local swimming pool and indoor ice rink are all included.
The Hotel Le Crêt has a family friendly atmosphere with
- Free club for children between ages of 4 and 12 years old and evening entertainment
- Outdoor pool
- Two indoor pools
Chamonix is almost over-flowing with outdoor activities and things to do – mountain biking, climbing, summer tobogganing and mini-golf. Alternatively ride the railway up to the glacier and explore the ice cave. The Chamonix Valley card which all guests receive upon arrival gives free use of the busses and train throughout the valley, letting you explore the area to your heart’s content.
Our Peaks of Perfection Activity Week in Chamonix is the ideal way to explore all the exciting adventures Chamonix has to offer. It's a fantastic holiday including :
- Guided bike ride
- Guided hiking excursion
- White water rafting session.
Family Adventures in Italy
Lake Garda is simply brilliant for families. Go for a boat ride on the lake, or try out the local water sports – it’s a great place for the water babies in the family. Gardaland and Movieland themeparks and are only a short bus ride from Peschiera. Further afield, the Heller Botanical gardens with its colourful sculptures and lovely views is a unique and relaxing destination for the family. And Monte Baldo, towards the north of the lake, is great for hiking and cycling.
The Parc Hotel in Peschiera is popular choice for families. The hotel has amazing facilities :
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- Separate pool for children.
- Exciting activities and evening entertainment are also ideal for children.
The rolling hills of Umbria might not be the first destination that springs to mind when you think family summer holiday, but maybe it should be. The many beaches that surround the lake are as family-friendly as they come, and there are ample fun activities such as cycling and water-sports as well as opportunities for the adults to relax too. After all, what could be a more relaxing than an Italian restaurant surrounded by gorgeous scenery?
The Club Hotel Villa Paradiso is popular with families, and it’s not hard to see why.
- Supervised miniclub for children between ages of 4 and 12 years old is free for guests
- Junior club for 12 to 17 year olds runs from the end of May to the beginning of September.
Family Adventures in Switzerland
Situated among some of the most stunning Alpine scenery in the world, the active village of Grindelwald is full of adventure. Head to the top of the First Mountain to experience a wealth of exciting activities including zip-lining on the First Flyer, mountain carting and flying like an eagle on the First Glider.
Go beyond Grindelwald to explore dramatic views from the Thrill Walk and the James Bond museum on top of the Schilthorn. Head to the lakes surrounding Interlaken for an intrepid adventure on a paddle steamer. And tunnel through the Jungfraujoch to discover ice caves, snowy activities on the glacier, and even a chocolate museum!
The Eiger Hotel in the centre of Grindelwald has a superb, family friendly atmosphere and also enjoys an excellent reputation for its cuisine. With large rooms suited for families and interconnected rooms, the hotel is a great place to base yourself for the a family trip to Switzerland.
Terms and Conditions
- Except where stated, child FREE and discounted places are based on the child/children sharing the room with at least two full-paying guests. A maximum of two discounted child places (including a FREE place if applicable) is permitted per room/suite/cabin/apartment.
- FREE places are limited to one per booking. FREE places and child discount percentages are calculated off the basic adult price, not including room or flight supplements, insurance or any other applicable costs.
- Children on self-drive or accommodation-only holidays receive the same percentage discounts shown for European charter flights off the relevant adult basic self-drive or accommodation-only price.
- Only one FREE child place is allowed per group claiming a Group Discount.
- Infants under 2 years of age on the return travel date to the UK pay an Infant Administration Fee as shown below, provided that the infant travels on a parent’s lap, and no flight, coach or train seat is used: £49 (when using charter flights) in European hotels and apartments, with direct payment to the accommodation owner of any cot-hire and linen charges, food and drink costs or other applicable charges (£99 on scheduled flights). £115 in our Managed by Inghams properties, where travel-cot hire, linen, baby food, use of highchair and changing mat is included in this price.
- Please note that infants do not have their own luggage allowance and must sit on a parent’s lap on the flight and on the transfers.
- Child prices and FREE places cannot be combined with online discounts.
- If dual parent families abuse our single parent discounts, we reserve the right to either cancel such bookings without notice or to re-invoice the booking at the correct price.
- As they are by definition not ‘full-paying guests’, children receiving a FREE place or child discount do not count towards the size of a Group for the purposes of calculating any Group Discount.