When you can ski like a pro - If you’ve been skiing for many years and have a wealth of experience out on the slopes, then we have selected some great resorts that will keep you busy, entertained and still challenged.
✔️ With you all the way
- Trusted Ski Schools if you are travelling with less experienced skiers
✔️ Straight forward holidays
- Great Resorts across Europe and Canada that offer everything an advanced skier or snowboarder could need
✔️ Choice in abundance
Resorts with the best Black runs
Val d'Isere, France
- La Face, Val d'Isère, France is renowned for being one of the toughest slalom terrains so is the perfect black run test for any avid powder hunter.
- Val d'Isere offers a fantastic nightlife, no matter your speed - from lively nightclubs to cosy and traditional restaurants. Either way you will enjoy the atmosphere.
- Forcella Staunies, Cortina, Italy offers a real challenge to even the best skiers or snowboarders, a great way to test your skills.
- Cortina is of course known for the winter Olympics, but this diverse resort also includes a selection of restaurants, shops, bars and accommodation meaning you can enjoy a well-rounded holiday.
- Harakiri, Mayrhofen, Austria is the steepest in Austria, offering unbeatable views whilst you navigate your way down one of the toughest slopes.
- An incentive - If you complete the Harakiri slope - you win a free t-shirt! This resort is also great for friendly, up-beat fun and welcomes freestylers.
Resorts with extras
Val Thorens, France
- VT Snowpark, Val Thorens, France is the ultimate place to practice your jumps and tricks, this well maintained park has some of the best crafted jumps to perfect your skills.
- Val Thorens offers vast skiing and snowboarding options, but also a large sports centre with a pool, whirlpool and sauna.
St Anton, Austria
- St Anton, Austria has some mega mogul fields to offer, be it steep or high - these will really test you and tire your legs.
- The resort of St Anton is generally known as a resort for the more advanced skier or snowboarder. However it is also known for great apres-ski, so you can ski hard all day and know there is a drink waiting for you.
- Kitzbuhel, Austria is the place to be if you want to race! Home to the Hahnenkamm World Cup downhill ski race, see how you fare against the professionals on these slopes.
- Kitzbuhel also entices skiers and snowboarders alike for its culture. Being a picturesque, medieval town with lots of rich historic interest, it draws people in.
Resorts with plenty of space
- Whistler, Canada, offers the largest ski area in North America, with a wide range of slopes, there is something for everyone in this beautiful part of the world. Around 200kim of slopes.
Advanced skier FAQs
Signs I might be an advanced skier? - Only you can understand your level of skiing, but a good ski instructor will be able to advise you further. However, if you are very confident on red and black runs, as well as off-piste and steep terrains that you’re heading in the right direction.
Are there tips to becoming a more advanced skier or snowboarder? - Of course: be committed, check your stance and / or balance, understand how your equipment works, understand how gravity plays a role, and be focused. Getting additional ski or snowboarding lessons to perfect your skills is always helpful to.
Do resorts for advanced skiers still offer other activities? - All of our resorts, some of which we have showcased above, offer much more than just skiing. you can opt to take part in other fun winter sports such as sledging or ice skating. You can visit the local shops, restaurants or bars. Many of our accommodation options also offer spa facilities.
Travel with confidence
When you choose an Inghams holiday, you can travel with confidence. We’re here to take the stress out of travelling. We’ve put extra measures in place for your peace of mind. We’ll help keep both you and your money safe.