- Visit Europe's most romantic city and Italy's largest lake on this popular multi-centre
- Spend a few days exploring the canals and piazzas of Venice
- Pick a base in Lake Garda to explore the towns and lakeside promenades
- Head into the mountains for biking and hiking trails or explore the vineyards of the south
Day 1: UK to Venice
Arrive in Venice airport and take a water taxi transfer to your centrally-located hotel. You should have enough time for a coffee in St. Mark's square after you've unpacked.
Days 2-3: Venice
Venice is quite a small city so one of the best things to do here is just wander around on foot. Head down the small alleys and over bridges where you'll come across authentic restaurants and cafés. The atmosphere in St. Mark’s Square is always magnetic and a short stroll from here will take you to the Grand Canal where you can stop at the stalls of Rialto Bridge before taking a gondola ride through the city’s waters.
Spend some time in Venice's islands too. You can see traditional glass blowing in Murano and lace making in Burano. Both are just a short boat ride away.
Day 4: Venice to Lake Garda
Today you'll transfer over to Lake Garda. The drive will take around 2 hours depending on what resort you choose.
Days 5-10: Lake Garda
Lake Garda is a popular destination during the summer. You’ll find people sitting in restaurants along the shores of the lake enjoying the views, strolling along promenades or perhaps taking a dip in the calm waters. It’s easy to get around the lake with the frequent ferries so make sure you explore the towns. Sirmione is a must-see with its fairy-tale castle and fantastic gelaterias, Malcesine has a cable car where you can find some of the best views of the lake and challenging hikes and Riva del Garda is backed by mountainous scenery and is a popular resort for water sports and cycling.
Day 11: Lake Garda to UK
Say goodbye to Lake Garda before heading to Verona for your journey back to the UK.
- Return flights from the UK
- Transfers from Venice airport to your hotel, from Venice to Lake Garda and from Lake Garda to Verona airport
- 10 nights accommodation
Your holiday excludes:
Flexible daily departures from May to October.