Nestled in the valley between the surrounding Marmolada and Sella mountains, Canazei is a popular holiday destination throughout the Summer and Winter. The rugged and breathtaking terrain offers an adventure for all ages and abilities, from those wanting to take a leisurely stroll or bike ride through to the villages of Fontanazzo, Campestrin and Mazzin where you can stop at the crystalline shores of Lake Antermoia to those experienced mountaineers seeking an adrenaline rush who can reach the peaks on the 16 Via Ferrata routes Canazei has to offer. Those who prefer mountain biking can put their free-riding skills to the test at the Fassa Bike Resort in Belvedere or even enter one of the four major biking competitions that take place over the summer.
Famed not simply for its sports, the verdant meadows carving through the mountains and azure waters of hidden lakes and waterfalls create an almost spa like setting, its colours of blue, green and white characteristic of the Ladin land they call home. There are dozens of spas located throughout the valley, all of them using the renowned therapeutic waters of the Terme Dolomia at Pozzo di Fassa. The town centre of Canazei is also home to shops, art galleries, museums and a fervent nightlife perfect for enjoying an apperitivo after a long day of walking!
Inghams will be operating a telephone Rep service in Canzei.
Things to do in resort
- Visit the Dolomiti Action Adventure Park in Campitello di Fassa or the Adventure Park Piciocaa in Pozza di Fassa to learn or test your skills along aerial zip lines, Tibetan and Nepalese swinging bridges and suspected rope passages
- Doloandes indoor pool and wellness centre is a 2,400m² aquatic paradise with both fun pools and relaxation areas
- Indulge in a trip to the Camping Vidor Family and Wellness Resort in Pozza di Fassa for some much needed rest and relaxation. A modern center built to compliment its surroundings with swimming pools for both adults and children, slides, hydromassage, beauty centre, fitness centre and indoor bar
- Take an archery course at the Campitello di Fassa Dolomiti Action Adventure Park
- Purchase a fishing permit and spend a day relaxing on the river banks of the Avisio which flows from the Marmolada Glacier right through to Val di Fassa. (Fishing permits available from 1 May to 30 September)
- Live the high life for a day on the longest 'Flying Circuit' in Europe at Ciampedie in the heart of Catinaccio. The Fly Line Catianccio Rosengarten covers 1,100 meters of woodland and allows you to reach top speeds of 12 km/ph!
Location in resort
- Longitude: 11.7721558
- Latitude: 46.475149
For more information on travel and transport visit our Canazei page