How do I manage my cookies?
You can use the below link to manage your cookie settings for our website at any time. Alternatively, you can set your browser to block cookies. Please check your browser for instructions on how to do this.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
What type of cookies are there?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance cookies. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional cookies. These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Advertising or Targeting cookies. These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
How long are cookies stored for?
How long cookies are stored for depends on the type of cookie.
Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
Persistent cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
What are my options?
You can choose no cookies other than strictly necessary cookies, or you can opt in to analytical or performance and/or functional and/or advertising cookies.
You can disable these strictly necessary cookies by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions – without these cookies services you have asked for, like making an online booking or live chat, cannot be provided. See the links in the ‘Third party cookies’ section for information on how to change your browser settings.
If you do not make a choice, only strictly necessary cookies will be set.
Our cookies policy
Our cookies identify your computer so that:
- You do not have to give the same information several times during one task.
- We can measure the number of users utilising specific services, so they can be made easier to use and we can ensure there is enough capacity to keep them fast.
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can continue to use the site but only to browse. You can turn off cookie settings, please refer to the 'How do I manage my cookies?' section above for instructions.
For any further information please do not hesitate to email us at DPO@hotelplan.co.uk
Policy last updated July 2023, cookie list updates daily as our cookies change.