A fantastic resort for keen walkers wanting to explore the vast high alpine trails and peaks of the scenic Arlberg region, this famous Tyrolean village enjoys an unhurried atmosphere in summer, and is surrounded by beautiful and dramatic scenery. Walks vary from pretty forested valley trails starting in the village, up to spectacular high ridge walks with panoramic views of the surrounding peaks and glaciers, accessed by cable-car. The pedestrianised village centre has a handful of shops and cafes, a superb public spa, and holds various events and festivals throughout the summer. It also has its own train station and is well placed for excursions to Innsbruck, Switzerland and Germany.
Your summer holiday in St Anton this year will include the St. Anton resort card which is Free for all Inghams guests and included free use of the lifts (for 1 day) and buses. St Anton Resort Card is available from approx 22 June to 22 September 2019.
Things to do in resort
Things to do in St. Anton
- Variety of shops & cafes
- 270km marked walking trails
- Nordic walking
- 200km mountain bike trails
- Village spa with indoor/outdoor pool and lido
- 6 hole golf course
- Ski museum
- Train station for excursions to Innsbruck (1½ hrs)
- Indoor tennis & squash
- Indoor climbing centre and lessons
- Ten-pin bowling
- Weekly Tyrolean evening with yodelling, cow bells & dancing
- Weekly brass band concerts and procession
- Full programme of events at Tourist Office including archery, mountain bike tours, Nordic walking tours (pay locally)
St. Anton, Austria has plenty of shops and cafes, and is ideally positioned for walking and relaxing in, with a central leisure spa, and dozens of well-marked paths. The walks vary in degrees of difficulty from rambles to high peaks. The scenic Verwall valley with its turquoise lake and pine forest can be reached on foot and the Valluga peak at 2,811m is accessible by cable-car, providing an unforgettable panoramic view of peaks and glaciers. Interesting excursions and varied entertainment are available through our representative, and there are events and festivals in the village throughout the summer.
St. Anton Resort Card - Free to all guests
From 22 June 2019 all guests receive the St Anton Resort Card. Available from your hotel, it gives you:
- Free use of all cable cars for 1 day
- Free use of local buses (walkers bus, resort bus, routes to Verwall and Landeck)
- Free entrance to two leisure centres
- Free taster guided walk, cycling tour or archery class
- Free children’s activity programme including torchlit walk
Lift and cable-car approx. opening times 2019
The opening dates of summer lifts vary in resort. Please find the latest update for the summer:
Rendlbahn – only open Wednesdays & Thursdays from approx 19 June 2019 - 05 September 2019.
Gampenbahn and Kapallbahn – Open daily except Wednesdays & Thursdays from approx 21 June 2019 - 08 September 2019.
Galzigbahn and Vallugabahn I & II – Open daily from approx 03 July 2019 - 01 September 2019 and from 04-22 September 2019.
Car hire is available
Location in resort
- Longitude: 10.265205
- Latitude: 47.128474
- Nearest Bus Stop: 200
For more information on travel and transport visit our St. Anton page