- Combine the sights and history of Rome with the popular seaside town of Sorrento
- Explore the Colosseum, Vatican and Spanish Steps in Rome
- Visit the Amalfi Coast, Naples, Capri and Ischia from your Sorrento base
- This itinerary visits two of Italy's most popular destinations making it perfect for first-time visitors
Day 1: UK to Rome
Fly into Rome and take a private transfer to your centrally located hotel. Unpack and head out for a walk around the city to get your bearings.
Days 2-3: Rome
There's ancient sights around every corner of Italy's capital. Start with the Colosseum and Roman Forum - an expert guide on a pre-booked excursion will bring them to life as you walk around and see the ruins. It's well worth saving half a day to visit the Vatican where you can admire Michelangelo’s artwork in the Sistine Chapel and visit the impressive museums.
We love heading for the piazze when we're in Rome. Grab a couple of scoops of gelato and sit in front of the Trevi Fountain or find a chair in a café in Piazza Navona for some lunch and people watching.
Day 4: Rome to Sorrento
Today you'll be leaving Rome and heading to Sorrento. A transfer will take you to Rome's station where you'll begin the high-speed journey to Naples. You'll be in Campania's capital in less than an hour and a half and a private transfer will take you onto Sorrento where you'll arrive in time for dinner - we recommend heading to Piazza Tasso.
Days 5-10: Sorrento
Sorrento's a great base for visiting all the sights of the Neapolitan Riviera. Book a few excursions to get the most out of your stay. The Amalfi Drive is a must-do. A coach will take you along the coastal road to visit towns like Positano and Ravello. Grab a seat on the right hand side of the bus on your way for the best views.
It's easy to hop across to Capri and Ischia for the day with regular ferries leaving from the marina. Leave some time to explore nearby Pompeii too. It's a fascinating place to see and most excursions will take you up Mount Vesuvius afterwards where you'll get panoramic views across the Bay of Naples.
Day 11: Sorrento to UK
Say goodbye to Sorrento with a final coffee or limoncello in Piazza Tasso before taking a private transfer to Naples airport for your flight home.
- Return flights from the UK
- Private transfer from Rome airport to your hotel and from your hotel to the station
- Train travel from Rome to Naples
- Private transfer from Naples station to your hotel in Sorrento and to Naples airport
- 10 nights accommodation
Your holiday excludes:
Flexible daily departures from May to October.