The renowned Verona Opera festival is one of Italy's greatest spectacles and the highlight of the summer in this ancient city. Attending a performance at the 1st Century amphitheatre is a wonderful experience and on many people's bucket lists - there's nothing quite like sitting in the warm air and enjoying the electric atmosphere and spectacular opera.
The 2019 season runs from 21st June to 7th September and includes Verdi's Il Trovatore, La Traviata and the return of his signature opera Aida. Bizet's enduring masterpiece Carmen, Tosca by the great Puccini and other one-off performances complete the programme.
Seating Plan, Prices & Calendar
|La Traviata by Verdi||Jun 21 (Première)*, 28† / Jul 11*, 19, 25† / Aug 1*, 8†, 17, 22*, 30 / Sep 5|
|Aida (1913 edition) by Verdi||Jun 22, 27* / Jul 5*, 9, 12*, 21†, 24, 28* / Aug 3†, 9*, 18†, 25, 28* 31 / Sep 3*, 7|
|Il Trovatore (Zeffirelli edition) by Verdi||Jun 29 / Jul 4, 7*, 20†, 26†|
|Carmen by Bizet||Jul 6†, 10†, 13, 18*, 23*, 27 / Aug 2†, 24†, 27* / Sep 4†|
|Tosca by Puccini||Aug 10, 16*, 23†, 29 / Sep 6*|
|Domingo Opera Night||Aug 4 (8.45pm start)|
|Carmina Burana||Aug 11† (9.45pm start)|
Prices: Payable with your holiday deposits including return coach travel from your resort (where applicable) and entrance to the opera. Above prices are correct at the time of publishing, but may vary. Discounts may be applicable for those aged over 65 and under 30.
Cancellations: If you cancel your holiday booking or opera booking, we cannot refund the opera ticket. In the event of a performance being cancelled because of poor weather, the value of your ticket will be refunded. However, if a performance is curtailed because of poor weather (even after a few minutes), no refund will be made.
Important information: We can normally confirm un-numbered places (G1) immediately when you book your holiday, and we will request numbered places (A1/B1/C1/D1/E1/F1). Early booking is recommended. For numbered seats, Inghams will apply for your tickets and from mid-November we can normally confirm within 48 hours. Your holiday and ticket confirmation/invoice will then be sent to you. If we are forced to offer tickets in an alternative price range, you will have 24 hours to confirm your acceptance. Payment for opera tickets should be made at the same time as your deposit once tickets have been confirmed. We regret that we cannot waive cancellation charges for holidays cancelled as a result of tickets not being obtained. Please note that we act at all times as selling agent for the suppliers of activities & excursions. See Terms & Conditions here >>>
* Free opera offer terms & conditions:
- Anyone making a new booking with Inghams from 01 April – 24 June 2019 (any resort) staying for a minimum of 7 nights between 13 July – 31 August 2019 will receive a free ticket (per person) to the Verona Opera including return transport from the resort
- New bookings only
- The offer is based on un-numbered seats, upgrades are available at a cost
- Tickets are subject to availability at time of booking
- We can usually confirm un-numbered seats at the time of booking. If you choose to pay a supplement to upgrade then we will confirm seats within 48 hours
- This offer cannot be booked online
- Some performances are only available for guests staying in the Eastern resorts only – see above for full details
- If you cancel your holiday booking or opera booking, you will forfeit the Opera ticket
- Tickets are non-exchangeable and there is no alternative or cash value to this gesture
- We accept no responsibility in the event of a performance being cancelled due to poor weather