Self-drive to Europe
Save up to £100 per person & gain a sense of independence
Especially popular with guests booking our apartment holidays. No luggage restrictions, no ski carriage charges, stop en-route to load up with food and make big savings on wine at the local hypermarket!
If you're staying in an apartment, bed linen and towels are included so you don't need to bring your own. All studios and apartments have well equipped kitchens or kitchenettes usually with a dishwasher to help keep the chores to a minimum.
And a self-drive holiday doesn't mean any reduction in the service you'll receive. Your Inghams representative will be on hand when you arrive to help you settle in, direct you to the ski hire shop and generally help you get your bearings!
Booking couldn't be easier. When you search and select your accommodation online, ensure the "self-drive" option is checked, click book then choose the relevant P&O Ferries, Le Shuttle (formerly known as Eurotunnel) or Hull Zeebrugge/Rotterdam crossing at the first stage of the booking process. All we ask is that you arrive or depart from your resort on the same day as our flight arrivals.
Price guidelines: Take the flight-inclusive price shown in our brochure and deduct £100 per person (£0 at Christmas, New Year, Half-term and Easter). Call our Reservations Team on 01483 79 11 11 for up to the minute availability and prices.
Important notes for self-drive holidays
- You may travel on different outward and return routes, but both crossings must be with the same company. All cars on one booking must travel on the same crossings.
- Whilst every effort is made to arrange the precise dates and times you request, at busy times and in peak periods crossings on popular routes quickly become fully booked. As all car ferry bookings are subject to availability, we will book the nearest possible alternative and confirm the details on your invoice. We therefore advise you to book early for popular dates and crossings.
- We cannot accept cats or dogs on our winter programme.
- If you have an 'over-height' vehicle or intend to have a roof box, roof rack, trailer or bike rack you must advise our reservations team at time of booking as some restrictions/supplements may apply for vehicles over 1.85m. Please consult P&O Ferries or Le Shuttle websites for the most up-to-date information. If you do not advise us, the sailing you originally requested may no longer be available.
- Our car holiday prices include return P&O ferry crossings by short sea route for a car and 5 passengers, although people carriers and campervans may be booked with Le Shuttle for further supplements. We regret that we cannot accept vehicles seating more than 9 people or classified as commercial by their manufacturers Some types of larger vehicles (7 to 9 seats) can only be accommodated on Le Shuttle.
- An administration fee is payable if you change your crossing after you have made the booking (see Terms and Conditions).
- The price that appears on our reservations system when you provisionally book your holiday may not include all route or accommodation supplements.
- Some routes carry a supplement. Please consult the P&O Ferries or Le Shuttle websites for the most up-to-date timetable.
Le Shuttle (formerly Eurotunnel)
Le Shuttle runs up to three services an hour during peak periods between Folkstone and Calais and offers the quickest method of taking your car across the channel. The journey takes just 35 minutes platform to platform. Please note: Le Shuttle does not accept LPG/Dual powered vehicles. If your vehicle is over 1.85m in height, high space must be reserved.
You can choose to upgrade your travel to Le Shuttle at a cost of £65 per car. You can also upgrade your Le Shuttle crossing to ‘Flexi-Plus’ (not applicable for vehicles over 1.85m in height) for £199 per car (one way), which includes dedicated check-in and priority boarding lanes, use of the exclusive Flexi-Plus lounge serving complimentary non-alcoholic drinks and snacks and the flexibility to take another departure if you arrive early, or late, at the terminal (change directly with Le Shuttle at the port).