With a vast amount of both high and low level walking available, as well as numerous other activities, holidays in Neustift and the Stubai Valley have something for everyone. In addition, regular transport to Innsbruck offers the chance of sightseeing and shopping in the Tyrol's historic capital. Neustift is a lively village in high season with regular brass band concerts and Tyrolean evenings, whereas Milders, approximately 3km away, enjoys a tranquil setting and is popular for its direct access to walking routes.
In & Around Neustift
- Variety of cafés & shops
- 850km marked walking paths
- 240km marked biking routes
- Guided glacier walks
- Top of Tyrol viewing platform at 3,200m
- Bathing lake at Kampl
- Weekly guided mountain bike tours
- Centre for Paragliding
- Outdoor pools
- Indoor sport centre (Jul-Aug)
- Tennis courts
- Horse riding
- High rope climbing park
- Falconry centre in Telfes
- 3km summer toboggan run
- Folklore museum
- Innsbruck by bus and tram
- Children’s activity programme for 5-13 yrs (Mon-Fri, 10am-4.30pm, end Jun - mid Sep, approx. €15 per day)
‘Stubai’ Super Card
Free to all guests
Neustift’s great value ‘Stubai Super Card’ includes:
- FREE bus transport within the valley and to Innsbruck
- FREE use of the Stubaitalbahn Fulpmes to Innsbruck
- FREE use of Neustift and Mieders indoor and outdoor pools, including 1x 3hrs at the new StuBay pool
- FREE use of the Stubai glacier lift (one ascent/descent per day (except with ski equipment)
- FREE use of the Serles lifts (one ascent/descent per day)
- FREE use of Schlick 2000 lift (one ascent/descent per day)
- FREE use of Elfer lifts in Neustift (one ascent/descent per day)
- One FREE ride with the Mieders summer toboggan run per day
- Discounted rates at many local attractions
NB Subject to change. The card will be given to you on arrival.
Car hire is available
Neustift’s central location in the Stubai Valley makes it a walker’s paradise with 850km of marked trails offering everything from easy valley walks and moderate paths to summer farms to more challenging high altitude paths up to fixed rope routes. Wander from one end of the valley to the other following the river or take the higher paths and explore Stubai’s many peaks, gorges and waterfalls. There are more than 50 mountain huts and farms dotted about on the hillsides and many are easily reached on foot
GETTING AROUND I The valley offers excellent rambling for all levels and there are 4 separate walking areas all linked by valley bus and each with a gondola and a variety of trails:
ELFER, Neustift I Neustift’s own gondola directly opposite Hotel Berghof is the main area for the paragliders with extensive woodland walks and many mountain huts. Popular walks include the 5 hour panoramic path from the Elferhut to the Karalmhut and Pinnisalmhut.
STUBAI GLACIER, Mutterberg I One of the most impressive views in Austria - at a height of 3,200m the ‘Top of Tyrol’ plateau on the Stubai Glacier offers breathtaking vistas and a unique glacier walk to Austria’s second highest mountain restaurant.
SERLES, Mieders I Very popular walks from the top of Serles lift including an easy 5 hour trail to the healing fountain at the Maria Waldrast monastery and back down to Mieders. Also Europe’s second longest summer toboggan run – a great way for all ages to descend the mountain after a day’s walking.
SCHLICK 2000, Fulpmes I Take the lift to the top Kreuzjoch station for numerous walks, idyllic alms and huts. Lovely walk down to the viewing platform at the mid-station via the ‘Panoramic’ lake, as well as children’s nature trails and adventure areas.
‘Alpine School’ Guided Walks I Very popular with Inghams guests, Neustift Tourist Office’s ‘Alpine School’ runs an excellent programme of FREE daily guided walks around the Stubai valley with a professional mountain guide.
NORDIC WALKING I An excellent area for Nordic Walking. There are extensive trails and 11 specially marked Nordic Walking routes, ranging from 4km to 18km long
Local Walking Map
Plan your walking in advance, purchase a map of the local area for just £6.95. Must be ordered at time of booking.